- Monster Kart Monday #1: Mermaid Adventures
- Monster Kart Monday #2: More Mermaid Adventures
- Monster Kart Monday #3: MKM Goes to Camp
- Monster Kart Monday #4: More Camp Myth
- Monster Kart Monday #5: Merit Badges
- Monster Kart Monday #6: Fairyland
- Monster Kart Monday #7: VirtuaCon and a New Alpha
- Monster Kart Monday #8: Now With More Faeries
- Monster Kart Monday #9: Fairyland Progress, Playtesting
- Monster Kart Monday #10: New Alpha, Upcoming Kickstarter
- Monster Kart Monday #11: Circus of Craziness
- Monster Kart Monday #12: Ch-Ch-Changes
- Monster Kart Monday #13: The Return
- Monster Kart Monday #14: Alpha 6, Optional Rules
- Monster Kart Monday #15: Layout Changes
- Monster Kart Monday #16: Kickstarter Preview
- Monster Kart Monday #17: Game Play Examples
- Monster Kart Monday #18: Gamestorm and Interviews
- Monster Kart Monday #19: Busy Week!
- Monster Kart Monday #20: the Home Stretch
- Monster Kart Monday #21: Success!
Last week I revealed the rest of the details behind Mermaids of Monster Kart Mayhem, which is based on Third Eye Games’ ENnie Award-nominated family game, Mermaid Adventures. This week I’m happy to announce another great mashup: Monster Kart Mayhem meets Camp Myth the RPG in MKM Goes to Camp!
If you recall, a few weeks ago I published a review of Camp Myth: the RPG. Camp Myth is another kid-friendly game by Third Eye Games using their unique Pip System. Written by Chris Lewis Carter and designed by Eloy Lasanta, Camp Myth makes a perfect backdrop for a new Monster Kart Mayhem race course.
In MKM Goes to Camp, you’ll find 10 new playable characters, 9 new Power-Ups, and one new Camp Myth-inspired race course. Additionally, players will be able to earn a Camp Myth Kart Race Merit Badge which can be ported into a game of Camp Myth the RPG. Finally, in a new twist to the MKM core rules, players of the Camp Myth RPG will also be able to port their merit badges from Camp Myth into Monster Kart Mayhem, where they will gain special benefits during the race based on merit badges they’ve earned.
It’s a lot to take in all at once, so I’ll start the breakdown today and follow up next week. Here’s a quick list of characters you will find in MKM Goes to Camp.
- Chuck the Centaur
- Clyde the Cyclops
- Dandelion the Dryad
- Florence the Fae
- Helen the Harpy
- Karl the Kappa
- Kelly the Kitsune
- Liam the Leprechaun
- Milton the Minotaur
- Radcliff the Redcap
Every Camp Myth RPG playable race is represented, which is why there are so many new characters. We’ll also take you through a wide variety of Camp Myth locations, such as:
- Hunter’s Haven
- The Main Field
- Forgotten Forest
- Leviathan Lake
- The Warrens
- The Labyrinth
- Roc Garden
- Finish Line
Each location has its own unique terrain hazards, and I must say the terrain hazards are getting much more interesting and complex as I develop Monster Kart Mayhem even more. I’ll discuss specifics at a later time.
For now, I hope you enjoyed this brief overview of Monster Kart Mayhem Goes to Camp. Next week I’ll talk a bit more about this course, including the new Power-Ups and how the merit badges come into play.
In the meantime, leave a comment and let me know what you think. Is there something in particular you would like to see in another update or in a new race course?