Game Publishing Lessons started as a blog series inspired by discussions about how to prepare for a Kickstarter campaign. After completing the series of posts, we updated some of the content and packaged it all up into a convenient eBook.
About the Book
In this 45-page eBook, you’ll get 11 articles related to publishing a new RPG, including:
- Choosing Layout Software
- Where to Find Artists (and What to Expect)
- How to Talk to Artists
- Designing a Book’s Logo/Title
- Choosing Video Production Software for Game Trailers
- Crowdfunding Campaign Marketing 101
- Choosing a Game Book Printer
- Hardcover, Softcover, or Both?
- ISBNs – the Unexpected Expense
- How to Distribute Game PDFs to Backers
- Post-Kickstarter Fulfillment
In the eBook, we updated and re-ordered several of the articles to in clude more current information and a more intuitive reading order. It’s available for $4.99 at RPGNow.com.
What Others are Saying
I equate this book with having the opportunity to sit down with someone who’s gone through the process and being able to ask them all sorts of questions, and Jacob Wood does a good job of anticipating the sort of information a would-be publisher will need to know.