- Monster Kart Monday #1: Mermaid Adventures
- Monster Kart Monday #2: More Mermaid Adventures
- Monster Kart Monday #3: MKM Goes to Camp
- Monster Kart Monday #4: More Camp Myth
- Monster Kart Monday #5: Merit Badges
- Monster Kart Monday #6: Fairyland
- Monster Kart Monday #7: VirtuaCon and a New Alpha
- Monster Kart Monday #8: Now With More Faeries
- Monster Kart Monday #9: Fairyland Progress, Playtesting
- Monster Kart Monday #10: New Alpha, Upcoming Kickstarter
- Monster Kart Monday #11: Circus of Craziness
- Monster Kart Monday #12: Ch-Ch-Changes
- Monster Kart Monday #13: The Return
- Monster Kart Monday #14: Alpha 6, Optional Rules
- Monster Kart Monday #15: Layout Changes
- Monster Kart Monday #16: Kickstarter Preview
- Monster Kart Monday #17: Game Play Examples
- Monster Kart Monday #18: Gamestorm and Interviews
- Monster Kart Monday #19: Busy Week!
- Monster Kart Monday #20: the Home Stretch
- Monster Kart Monday #21: Success!
It’s been a big week for Monster Kart Mayhem. Here’s what’s hapened since our last update.
Interviews and Live Demos
Last week, I had the opportunity to sit down with Richard Rogers for an episode of “Fund or Fail” to talk about the game and the Kickstarter project. I had a great time speaking with Richard and am thankful for the time he took to do the show. with me.
If you’d like to see a bit of Monster Kart Mayhem in action, you can also check out a live demonstration of Monster Kart Mayhem Goes to Camp. I had the privilege of playing with Chris Lewis Carter, the author Camp Myth, and I had a great time losing to him. This is the first time the Camp Myth adventure pack has been publicly shown off, and to top off the excitement Chris made a big reveal that even I wasn’t aware of.
You can check out both of these in the Videos section on the Monster Kart Mayhem page.
Finally, I was given the opportunity to chat with the fine folks from the Play On Target Podcast, one of my personal favorite gaming-related podcasts. We recorded the episode Sunday evening, and I’ll post a link when the podcast goes live. In the meantime, check out their other episodes.
After last weekend’s Gamestorm 16 convention, I re-worked the character sheet and player aids for Monster Kart Mayhem. I haven’t uploaded these previews yet, but they’re going to go a long way toward making the game more board gamer-friendly.
For starters, I’ve added reminders to the Power-Ups chart to help players keep track of how to maneuver it based on their die rolls. I’ve also improved the Turn Order Summary sheet and moved a Power-Ups Cheat Sheet to the same page as the Terrain Effects Cheat Sheet. Now all of the primary info that you’ll need to reference throughout the game will be easy to access; no need to flip back and forth through the book/PDF.
Stay tuned to find out when these are uploaded.
I’ll be running Monster Kart Mayhem at Portland’s Guardian Games on April 5th, which is International TableTop Day. If you happen to be in the Portland Metro Area, you can catch me there between 1 p.m. and 4 p.m.
We’ve had some great progress on the Kickstarter campaign this week. We’re up to 38 backers and we’re 132% funded. That means we’re roughly half way to our first stretch goal, Monster Kart Mermaids.
Thanks to everyone who’s pledged so far, and please do remember to keep sharing with your friends and family!