But they have no idea who they’re messing with.
Survival of the Able, the game about disabled people working together to overcome a zombie plague, is now infecting Kickstarter.
Join us at http://www.bit.ly/SotAKSLive if you want to survive.
About Survival of the Able
In Survival of the Able, you’re a disabled person living in a European almshouse when the Black Death comes to your town. Little is known about where the plague originated or how to stop it, but those who die from it are rising again—and they’re hungry for flesh. Since everyone else has succumbed to the plague, it’s up to a handful of you to make your way out of town and away to safety.
In this game, you will:
- Play a disabled character who lives in Medieval Europe during the time of the Black Plague
- Encounter challenges such as disease, zombies, burning buildings, terrible weather, fatigue, and stress
- Experience discrimination based on your disability, fear that you might have the plague, or both
- Overcome incredible challenges against all odds and despite your disability, as able-bodied people around you panic and fall victim to the zombies
- Try to avoid a fate worse than death–turning into a zombie and eating your friends.
About the Campaign
Accessible Games, in partnership with Broken Ruler Games, has set a goal to raise $6,000 in approximately 30 days to raise funding for this game. Survival of the Able is already written (you can get the complete ashcan edition at DriveThruRPG for free during the campaign), but we need money for art, editing, and layout.
Backers will be able to get this 144-page, black-and-white book in a variety of accessible formats including:
- Vision Layers-enabled PDF and traditional PDF
- Fixed layout and flowable ePub
- Print editions in softcover or hardcover, with your choice of decorative, easy-to-read, or dyslexia-friendly fonts