- Monster Kart Monday #1: Mermaid Adventures
- Monster Kart Monday #2: More Mermaid Adventures
- Monster Kart Monday #3: MKM Goes to Camp
- Monster Kart Monday #4: More Camp Myth
- Monster Kart Monday #5: Merit Badges
- Monster Kart Monday #6: Fairyland
- Monster Kart Monday #7: VirtuaCon and a New Alpha
- Monster Kart Monday #8: Now With More Faeries
- Monster Kart Monday #9: Fairyland Progress, Playtesting
- Monster Kart Monday #10: New Alpha, Upcoming Kickstarter
- Monster Kart Monday #11: Circus of Craziness
- Monster Kart Monday #12: Ch-Ch-Changes
- Monster Kart Monday #13: The Return
- Monster Kart Monday #14: Alpha 6, Optional Rules
- Monster Kart Monday #15: Layout Changes
- Monster Kart Monday #16: Kickstarter Preview
- Monster Kart Monday #17: Game Play Examples
- Monster Kart Monday #18: Gamestorm and Interviews
- Monster Kart Monday #19: Busy Week!
- Monster Kart Monday #20: the Home Stretch
- Monster Kart Monday #21: Success!
I’ve talked a lot about Monster Kart Mayhem in the past. Monster Kart Mondays have traditionally focused on the development process of the game, and I’ve revealed new characters, race courses, and Power-Ups as they’ve been written.
Ever since the beginning Monster Kart Mayhem has been freely available for interested readers to download and read. Every version, complete with all of its blemishes, has been there to read and play with.
But none of that really tells you how the game plays. Unless you’ve taken a spin for yourself, it’s hard to know what you’re getting into, even if you’ve read through every single Alpha file that’s come along.
I’m working on setting up a Google Hangouts game of Monster Kart Mayhem to do a live demonstration for you, but in the meantime there have been two Play-by-Forum games happening simultaneously at RPGGeek. If you’re interested, you can read through the following threads and get a feel for the way things play out.
Before reading these threads, please keep a few things in mind:
As of the time of this update, these are ongoing games. You may reach the last post and still not see who’s won, but if you bookmark these pages you can check back later for updates.
Because they’re ongoing, please don’t interfere. That means no posting comments. If you’d like to discuss the games, feel free to do so either in the comments on this post or by creating another discussion thread at RPGGeek. I’m more than happy to answer any questions you might have.
With all of that being said, check out the following threads:
- Monster Kart Mayhem PbF Out of Character Thread
- Monster Kart Mayhem PbF Group A
- Monster Kart Mayhem PbF Group B
Finally, you may also check out this great Session Report from one of our playtesters. I’m particularly fond of the following line:
Lined up were a mix of pre-gens and customs, including Count Dracula sporting a Hearse with coffin, Big Foot in his 6-cylender sedan with sun roof, Lego Lass with Headless My Little Pony, and the Warden in his Lightning Gun Carriage (? – with kids it’s often best not to ask).
As a reminder, the Monster Kart Mayhem Kickstarter campaign is happening now until April 13th, 2014. Please check it out and remember to tell your friends and family!